Sunday, July 7, 2013

3rd Year of Projects?!? (yep.. imma doin' this...)

Here I go again... I did not participate well in year 3 of the Year of Projects, but fully intend to for year three... and I already have my rather reserved list... with hopes of working through my stash.. time will tell. I will quickly list here what I intend to work on over the next 365 days... err... correction... 358 days, since this new year of projects started a week ago - while I was in the Bahamas with the Family! First - I want to finish off a pair of socks I started while on vaycay last week... a simple apir of socks, for myself, dyed by the best indie-dyer ever IndigoDragonfly. The colourway of the sock yarn I am using for these sack is called - "As God as my witness... I thought Turkeys could fly" I am sure I will have FO pics next week... Once these socks are done - I will be working on a patterns for an open front vest (or sweater if I choose to make the arms) by the name of Whisper by Linda Benne. I am planning to use a lucious mohair-type fibre from Fleece Artist Then after that - I will likely turn back to my Black and Grey Vest of Doom. One that I have been working on (on and off actually) for a god three years... it tends to be my filler project when I need a break from current projects or am in-between projects. This year... it needs to get completed! Then the rest shall fall into place. I will make a more formal list once I have completely confirmed my list. I may make changes over the course of this week... Happy Knitting!

9 comments:

  1. Wait, turkeys can't fly? LOL! Don't you love yarn names?!
    Welcome back to another Year of Projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IndigoDragonfly is ThE BEST with her names... I love love love it ;)

      Delete
  2. I just LOVE those yarn names! Really makes you curious and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the yarn names and welcome to another year of projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love indigodragonfly yarns, can't wait to see your socks! And I'm intrigued by the Black and Grey Vest of Doom, I think we all have a project like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your socks and I've never heard of indigodragonfly yarns, so am now very intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the names, As God is my Witness, When Turkeys fly, lol Sounds like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Socks are one of the best knitterly therapies. Can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see you back! Life just seems to happen sometimes, doesn't it? Here's to a happy year!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete